Player energy?

Started by Ephemeral on Fri, 11/13/2020 - 02:45

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 02:52, 13. Nov 2020
Joined Nov 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Player energy?
Fri, 11/13/2020 - 02:45

Alright, so, I'm a complete noob at coding mods. I literally have no coding experience, but I do have a vision.

In essence, I've played through essentially every Naruto-based mod out there, from actual mod to plug-in, and none of them had that *spark* that made them unique. Some were simply incomplete, others hinged on large player-bases, and others still seemed exceedingly counter-intuitive.

What I'm aiming for is a mod that creates chakra as an energy, like mana in some magic mods, and has it as a GUI/overlay (no idea what to call it. Noob, remember?) available to the player at all times. I know it can be done, through seeing these sorts of energy bars in many mods, but I've no way to go about it. 

As well, while I would like to go further into detail about elements and bloodline limits and how a player would realistically obtain them, that belongs in another post. For now, I really need the base energy bar system to get "wired-in".

Finally (and this is off-topic, I know it), does anyone know how I could make 3D textures for items? I'm unsure of whether or not it just uses the 2D texture or not.

All help is appreciated!

Last seen on 23:41, 3. Jun 2021
Joined Dec 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Block bench you can use for…
Fri, 11/13/2020 - 03:00

Block bench you can use for 3D models, it’s “easy” for everyone who tries it except me TwT. I think what you need is a GUI. Although you don’t exactly need to be a master to build a mod, since I have never done an mcreator tutorial and I made this mod: https://mcreator.net/modification/59841/jojo-pre-beta-mod 

it’s not exactly a requirement to be experienced, you just gotta be good with connecting the dots, things are self explanatory on mcreator. I wanted to do a form of energy for the jojo mod, so you can use vampire abilities but not spam them like a jerk, but sadly i have to work on other aspects of the mod before updating it like that and not just giving vampires a huge buff. 

What I'm aiming for is a mod…
Fri, 11/13/2020 - 10:00

What I'm aiming for is a mod that creates chakra as an energy, like mana in some magic mods, and has it as a GUI/overlay (no idea what to call it. Noob, remember?) available to the player at all times. I know it can be done, through seeing these sorts of energy bars in many mods, but I've no way to go about it. 

Use player variables for this.