(1.16.4) Portal duplicates when exiting custom dimension.

Started by enderpreston on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 01:59, 27. Mar 2024
Joined May 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
(1.16.4) Portal duplicates when exiting custom dimension.

Hi, I have a bug to report for the current snapshot of MCreator 2020.6 (Now referred to as 2021.1). When I create a portal for a custom dimension, the game likes to "move" the portal when you return to the overworld from said dimension. When I say "move", I mean "create a new portal in the position that the game wants it, and always use it as the exit portal no matter how you do the entrance portal". I don't know how anyone else has reported this problem yet, but it's pretty annoying. Could someone else let me know if they've encountered this problem themselves, and if you're a developer, could you please see what you could do about fixing this for the next snapshot? I would really appreciate it!

P.S. Here is an image of what I'm talking about. On the right is the portal I made (all fancy and stuff with dirt bricks), and on the left is the portal that the game made. I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen.

Also try making portal from…
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 10:08

Also try making portal from something else than obsidian to see if that would help.

Last seen on 16:50, 24. Oct 2023
Joined Jul 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I am having this issue with…
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 12:51

I am having this issue with custom portals not made of obsidian

Last seen on 01:59, 27. Mar 2024
Joined May 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Okay, so I'm not the only…
Wed, 01/13/2021 - 17:24

Okay, so I'm not the only one having this problem. That's a relief. Still, though, I'll see what can do about that bug report. ;)