Get how a entity died with trigger "Entity died"

Started by EliMCGamerGuy on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 06:14, 12. Oct 2022
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Get how a entity died with trigger "Entity died"

For a while now I've wanted to make a Kill feed mod for minecraft 1.12.2 that looks like the kill feed from Valve's games, but not exactly like theirs. I get what the entity was that died just fine, but it's when I need how it died i get stuck. I also need what killed it, if anything, but don't know how to do that, either. for now i'm just taking what i'm getting, putting it together, and throwing it into the chat.

so far I have: whenever anything dies, for instance a skeleton, the mod puts into the chat "Skeleton was slain." but not by who, what, or how.

Last seen on 19:15, 17. Mar 2021
Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i really dont know if thats…
Thu, 02/18/2021 - 19:14

i really dont know if thats possible, finding it out maybe but actually getting the was killed by fall, killed by fire, or slain by enderman might be slightly beyond the scope of mcreator. but please ask around im still pretty new :)

Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yeah, I just don't think it…
Mon, 03/15/2021 - 13:44

Yeah, I just don't think it's possible yet seeing how inflexible block-based coding can be, I'll just learn Java.

Last seen on 05:29, 31. Jan 2022
Joined Nov 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
when you use the global…
Mon, 03/15/2021 - 14:36

when you use the global trigger "Entity dies", you get the killed entity as well as the killer entity as passed parameters. the killed entity is "event/target entity", the killer is "source entity".

Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Now I've returned to…
Mon, 10/10/2022 - 22:28

Now I've returned to MCreator, I'll say that as far as I can see, the 1.12.2 mod generator doesn't support the "source entity" block for both entity attacked and entity killed. Shame as it seems it's not being updated anymore for some unknown reason and I think this kind of mod would be a great idea for multiplayer modpack servers.