MCreator Procedure: punching overworld trees and nether trees drop nothing guide, axe whitelisting

Started by Rasputin1098 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 10:23, 3. May 2021
Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
MCreator Procedure: punching overworld trees and nether trees drop nothing guide, axe whitelisting

Hi people, so I'm going to cut the chase. 

I need help with a new tree breaking procedure where when the user tries to break the tree, it drops nothing instead. similar to how player gets no drops from breaking stone blocks.

I've currently made a tree breaking procedure but instead of dropping nothing, I made it so that when the player left click log blocks, they will get slowness debuff and self damage unless they use an axe to chop it down. it works but, the debuff still persist for a short duration even when switching to an axe which is kinda annoying.

I'm pretty new with MC modding. so any procedure screenshots would tremendously help. cheers.

below is my current no tree breaking procedure.

https://imgur.com/iBk1eEi

Last seen on 19:10, 4. Aug 2023
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Make that, if your…
Sat, 01/30/2021 - 17:50

Make that, if your conditions are like that, it gives you the damage, the potion effect and replaces the log with another block with the same texture that doesn't drop anithing. On block tick update you make that it replaces every tick with a log. it's not probably the best solution and if the player uses other mods with trees it won't work, but is the best idea i have to solve your problem.

Last seen on 21:45, 18. Jul 2023
Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
you might have to just…
Wed, 04/26/2023 - 12:33

you might have to just remove the block and have it drop nothing. will be a easy way to mine logs but will also punish the player.

Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
just tried this, for some…
Wed, 04/26/2023 - 12:48

just tried this, for some odd reason either the updates from this post or what i did worked. I made this same procedure but put a "cooldown (empty) itemstack for 100 ticks". and on every player tick update it will call this procedure.

Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
updates of mcreator version*
Wed, 04/26/2023 - 12:48

updates of mcreator version*