how to make a special boss that only appears once

Started by ghost2120 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 17:53, 3. Dec 2021
Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
how to make a special boss that only appears once

hi i am new to this modding software. I made a mod, added blocks, crafts, recipes, my own dimension, tools, foods whatever. I wanted to make a boss for my dimension, thats special for there and will only spawn once if you dont use commands. But as i said i am new so i dont kow much. Does anyone knows how to make it? I also want to portal close when we got there and open a new portal to home just like the end. Any ideas?

Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
by the way how to make a…
Mon, 02/15/2021 - 11:07

by the way how to make a song plays when you are near the boss

Last seen on 14:53, 23. Aug 2023
Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can make a global…
Mon, 02/15/2021 - 15:23

You can make a global boolean variable in "variables tab", procedure in your dimension: When player enters dimension, then use procedure block: If: Get Global: [YOUR VARIABLE NAME] = false: Spawn at x: x y: y z: z living entity: [YOUR ENTITY], set Global: [YOUR VARIABLE NAME] to: true; and turn off spawning in your boss settings, so it will spawn only once. If you want it to spawn not right, where player spawns in the dimension, you can place numbers instead of XYZ and put there small procedure block, that has "0" in it by default, it's in "Math" tab at left side when creating procedure, there you can type any number, so these will be certain co-ordinates or use '[_] + [_] from the same tab, first will be "x" from the procedure block and second will be number procedure block, so you can make it spawn some block away from the player, for an example:

Spawn at x: x y: [Y + 100] z: z living entity: [YOUR ENTITY]

t will make it spawn 100 blocks above player spawn co-ordinates.

For making a custom portal to overworld spawn after boss dies:

You can make a new block, and make a procedure for "When entity collides in the block", and make procedure:

Choose "Switch dimension of [Event target entity] to: ["dimension name"]" and choose overworld(it's set by default).

You can make a procedure for "Custom entity dies" in your entity mod element, where:

Place [BLOCK] at x:x y:y z:z

and choose your new block in [BLOCK] part of the procedure block.

Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
thanks! i will try that!
Tue, 02/16/2021 - 11:26

thanks! i will try that!