Crossbow Mod and Animation help

Started by BCViking on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:18, 16. Mar 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Crossbow Mod and Animation help

Hello so I've just spent the last 10 hours researching how to do this mod with zero success. The basic mod premise is I want to create a musket gun mod similar to that found with this resource pack "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEHaco-exJs&t=13s" but have it not replace the crossbow and be its own item. I have the models all made and animated. What I am having difficulty with is I am trying to achieve the same function as a crossbow that being that after holding the right mouse button for "x" amount of seconds the gun goes through its stages of animations and is primed so the next click will fire. I have no idea how to do any of that and after several days of attempts, lots of tutorials and Minecraft coding research I am at a loss of what to do. If anyone has any suggestions please please please let me know so I might try them out.

TLDR: I want to essentially duplicate the crossbow with animations and everything so I can have two separate crossbows in game. One that is vanilla and one that I can control its values and models.

Last seen on 17:22, 16. Aug 2021
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make it without…
Wed, 03/03/2021 - 11:43

How to make it without animations, and holding ammo:

Just make a ranged item with ridiculous values on range.

Last seen on 16:18, 16. Mar 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I know how to do it without…
Wed, 03/03/2021 - 15:04

I know how to do it without animations, but I'm trying to make it with animations.