projectile changed by emiter NBT tag

Started by Alchemist_Agripa on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:46, 7. Apr 2021
Joined Dec 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
projectile changed by emiter NBT tag

I would like to create a ranged iten (projectile) is changed by NBT tags of the iten that shoots it, wich could be changed by the player, so multiples effects could be created, I am having been looking at advanced procedures features but am not shure if the way i imagine it would work, and I am also not shure about how to inplement such a thing.

how i imagine it working is as folows

whem iten is used; whem rangediten is used, certain NBT tags of the item would be copied to the NBT tags of the event;target entity, I belive this to be possible using the is event/target entity subtype of {arrow entity}, but i am not shure I can target the projectile entity with these procedures and fear that I could only afect the entity that has used the item, maybe i could use the text, or nunber dependencies to get this information but i an not shure if it is possible or how to actualy do that

the second part is much easier but depends on the first part working, a set of procedures at the colision and flight tick trigers that read the entity nbt tags and  calls the respctive procedures.

If it could be done in that way it would much more elegant and woul require lesss of the conputer,not to say  much easier to tweak and change.

the alternative would be creationg projectiles for every single conbination possible, it would be verry hard to inlement, so I an realy hoping that a this transcribe-read-call system could be inplemented.

I understand  this is very conplex, if it can only be done with coding i still would want to make it that way but I would need quite a bit of help and directions,

sorry or any mistakes

Thank you very much for your help