Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
change mcreator workspace version

hello fellow reader! today i have some tutorial/help for you!

have you ever got this anyoing popup that says the workspace couldnt be opened, because it was opened in newer version of mcreator?

unsoported generator

open failed

i got you mate! you will just need any text editor of sort.

so lets start, you get the pop-up and cant open it.

first you need to open your file explorer and navigate to: <your user home folder>/MCreatorWorkspaces/<workspace>

once youre in your workspace folder, you need to open the <your workspace name>.mcreator file. you need to right click it and click it then choose other app > other app > and your editor ( if you do not have any choose notepad )

now you see a lot of info about your mod, the elements and those things, now were not here for that. You need to scroll down to bottom, once youre there you should see a text called: "mcreatorVersion": xxxxxxxxxxxx , the x represents numbers aka. the version of the mcreator what it was opened.

Mcreator Version

now if you have everything done now you need to go to mcreator menu( what is launched after you click it, its where you choose workspace ;) ) now under the logo there should be a version like 2020.5. also there should be a button next to it which should look like: (i) you click that and another pop-up will be displayed there you should see: big text Mcreator XXXX.X and under that will be: full version: xxxx.x.xxxxx .

Mcreator About

now you have the full version! yay what to do now? remember it and where you opened the .mcreator file delete the numbers after mcreator version. in image above and you can see the full version you need to write them into the file like how it was, but with the numbers being the numbers of the full version. In my case its 2020547520 which is the stable version when im writing this. so if you use snapshot like 2021.1 EAP (03117) you would need to know the full version number for the version. so if you opened a workspace in snapshot and want to open it in the stable version you need to change the version. in the images below you can see how to change from 2021.1 EAP (03117) to 2020.5

opened the workspace in snapshot, closed the open workspace, now going into the file and having the version:

Snapshot Version

now changed the version on there to the 2020.5 full version number:

2020.5 full Version Number

now you can open the workspace in 2020.5 without getting  error that its was opened in snapshot( or etc. )

if you have ny Questions ask me in the comments bellow.

Last seen on 23:06, 10. Apr 2024
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
my entities are gone
Mon, 03/06/2023 - 01:17

my entities are gone

Last seen on 06:58, 18. Jul 2023