(Help) Is there a way to make a statue?

Started by FullMetalAvatar on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 14:23, 19. Jul 2023
Joined Dec 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
(Help) Is there a way to make a statue?

So basically, I'm adding elements from Avatar for my friend and I, and I want to make a Kyoshi statue, then potentially statues of all the avatars. I created a basic player model in blockbench, and added the textures, but when I try adding it to the game as a custom block it just shows a pink/black block? The texture doesn't spawn and neither does the model base, is there a way to make a statue this way? I don't want an entity that stays still, I want for it to be a block that can be mined for certain drops! 

Thanks in advance1

Last seen on 05:29, 31. Jan 2022
Joined Nov 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
block textures size must be…
Tue, 04/13/2021 - 17:04

block textures size must be multiples of 16 and square. so 16x16 32x32 48x48 ...

Joined Dec 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What do you mean by this...?…
Tue, 04/13/2021 - 22:19

What do you mean by this...? I made the model the same size as a default steve model, but even with that being the base model, the block that spawns is a 16x16 block with a missing texture pattern! I can include screenshots if this helps lol but I jsut can't seem to get it to work!

Last seen on 15:23, 11. Feb 2024
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
blocks cant be larger then a…
Tue, 04/13/2021 - 22:57

blocks cant be larger then a "single block". to do so you need to cut the statue into multiple blocks. then when someone places the "base block" use procedures to spawn the rest of the blocks that make up the statue. (a vanilla example of the is the bed)

Joined Dec 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
That's super handy to know!…
Tue, 04/13/2021 - 23:02

That's super handy to know! So i'd made two seperate blocks (base and top) then say, when player places the base block, the top block is placed at y+1? 

Last seen on 15:23, 11. Feb 2024
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
what you do is make tow…
Tue, 04/13/2021 - 23:13

what you do is make tow blocks. one for the bottom and one for the top. then under the top blocks spawn conditions you make a procedure spawn that GlOBAL TRIGGERS when the bottom block spawns. then have the procedure spawn the top block at the location of the bottom block( with y+1).

WARNING: depending on how you have the blocks set up you will need to also check for the base blocks rotation and apply it to the top block when it spawns.

Joined Dec 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Okay, thank you so so much I…
Tue, 04/13/2021 - 23:25

Okay, thank you so so much I'll try it out and give it a go! I really appreciate all the help :)

Joined Dec 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm so sorry to keep asking!…
Wed, 04/14/2021 - 09:05

I'm so sorry to keep asking! I've solved the model issue thanks to you, and managed to get it to place succesfully, but the rotation is off and I'm unsure how to solve it! 
What procedure do I need to create? I currently have the "Place (kyoshi-top) at x, y+1, z," which works, but when placed in a different direction the top block is facing a different way! I'm unsure how to write the procedure to check for the rotation. I have the "Get clock direction at x,y,z" but have no clue how to actually use it!
Thanks again in advance :)

Last seen on 17:21, 27. Apr 2023
Joined Jul 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can make block larger…
Wed, 04/14/2021 - 10:03

You can make block larger than original 1x1x1. Maximum size of the json model block is 3x3x3 (blockbench warns you about exceeding the borders). But than you get issues with bounding boxes.

Get blocks act like "get some data (information) from something (block, world, entity...)" but then you need to process this information with set (place, etc.) blocks.

I suggest to make a procedure for the block y+1 on placing or on tick update (set tick to 1) set direction of the block xyz to "get direction of block x y-1 (your base block) z". And of course you have to make procedure when block destroyed, destroy the upper/lower block too.

About placing multiblock structure look at NorthWestTrees Gaming tutorials on youtube, especially Multi-block Stone Cutter Station and How to make a Bed.