Custom Biped Entity with Visual armour & holding an Item

Started by Goldn on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 19:32, 24. Jan 2022
Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom Biped Entity with Visual armour & holding an Item

Using BlockBench, I created a custom model for one of my mods. The model is like a slim model, uses 64x64 skins, and just has one extra part (which should have no effect on this)

Entity Model

Here are my models that I made for this. 
Armour Model for EntityArmour Model for Entity (but lower layer)

Anyways, I want this custom model to be able to wear armour visually. I couldn't find anything on Custom Models to hold an item even, so I'm wondering if I have to do something special with the model to allow visual armour and/or holding an item. I have experience making custom models for armour. I'm willing to do raw coding for this if people can point me in the right direction.

I wished I could dissect what makes the two official models that support visual armour & holding items and figure out how to mimic that with my own custom model, but I have no idea where those are saved nor if I can even open them. 

Also because of those two models, I know there has to be a way to make it possible to make my own custom model to also be supported with visual armour & holding items. 

Thank you for reading this 😁

Last seen on 17:01, 29. Jan 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I too want to figure out how…
Tue, 07/12/2022 - 04:04

I too want to figure out how to make a custom model wear armor, but I've had no such luck