Started by bolognaguy on Mon, 08/09/2021 - 21:34
Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)
I am making a dragon ball mod and there are a few things that I just can't figure out
- I want to make a ki system, basically a mana system that you can charge using a hotkey, and you cant move when charging. The ki will be used in ki attacks (ranged weapons that use ki pretty much). also, a display that shows ki amount on the screen.
- I also wish to make ki attacks that get bigger and deal more damage as you charge them, for example, a Kamehameha's beam gets bigger and stronger as you charge. I also would like it to take ki as it charges, or a spirit bomb gets bigger and stronger as it charges.
- I want to make beam ranged weapons, like the Kamehameha, I just don't know how to do it. it simply needs to shoot a beam that lasts for a bit dealing continuous damage to entities in the beam then disappears.
- I want to add super Saiyan transformations that make your helmet invisible and show that ssj form's hair, the form will then keep draining ki until you run out. you also get stronger whilst in the form
- I also want to add kaioken forms that work with Saiyan forms and slowly drain health but you get stronger
- I want to add ultra instinct as its own thing separate from Saiyan and kaioken and can only be used by itself, it also slowly hurts you and increases damage, but also adds an automatic projectile dodge with a cooldown
- i want to make it so the dragon balls can be obtained randomly from things like mining and killing mobs, but once a ball has been found it cannot be found again until the balls are used and get removed from the users inventory, then the balls will be obtainable in the same way.
that's about it, it is a lot though. even getting help with 1 or 2 would be super helpfull
Edited by bolognaguy on Thu, 08/12/2021 - 23:14
for clarification, the charging happens before the shot.