Joined Jan 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Structures refusing to load.

Hello, I am working on a mod currently and I have just ported my mod from 1.12.2 to 1.16.5.
Now there's some issues I have faced, but this is mainly and stuff like, old commands not being able to work and that's fine, I can fix that myself.

But I ran to an issue with generating structures. Ever since I ported the mod to 1.16.5, (2020.4 to 2021.1) a majority of my structures are not wanting to spawn. Like a good 80%. And it's not from World generation. It's the actual file not wanting to work. From using a structure block and trying to load up the structure, I am not able to do so. Even with procedures. The structure that contains vanilla and modded blocks just doesn't want to spawn into the game.

I can't redo these structures as well because from the porting to 1.12.2 to 1.16.5, the game removed all modded blocks from my mod from my testing world, where the structures were built for the mod. Now this is just like Minecraft thing, and I believe mods made porting to new versions are expected to do this.
But I can't understand why some structures just won't spawn in and others do. Both contain vanilla and modded blocks, and I can't seem to figure out the reason.

If you are wondering, back a couple months ago, I made a giant dungeon. It took me about a month to make. It took so many hours to finally get it done, and I was so proud of it. And now certain sections of the structure don't want to spawn, because it is made of different sections of structures.

A side note, I don't know if this is gonna happen with every version I update too, but I really hope it doesn't. But all of my customs slabs in the mod when spawn in by a structure, if they were spawned in on the top half of a block, they were replaced to be on the bottom half, which really screws up builds.

I really hope I can get some help on this. If all of this is truly impossible to fix, then it wouldn't be the end of the world, it just will be really disappointed for this mod lol.
Especially knowing that this update is supposed to be its official release.