User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Revenance: Sins, Amendments and Morality

Hi, I'm vami.

For a while now I've been meaning to make a mod that actually... fully releases. My previous iterations never quite reached my personal level of satisfaction and I never tried to go too far because I found myself more focused on popularity and attention from the mod than the mod itself. While obviously I liked having a functional cool mod, I mostly hoped others would like it, falling for the all-too-common trap of fame. It's been a while since I've actually tried anything significant, focused on the people rather than my own point of view. Now, I want to offer something new:

I provide the base idea and content, and if anyone takes interest in it - I will do my darn best to keep working on it and evolve it to the community's satisfaction. Whether I'll have a community or not is something difficult to discern, but I'll have you know that as of now I am working on a mod that should hopefully let me kickstart my very first fully-fledged project here on MCreator. 

The mod is called Revenance. It's in the really early stages of development right now. I've made a stat system and have some basic ideas written down, but none of it is suitably fleshed out. I was hoping for help but it dawned on me that I am the only person able to motivate myself, so instead of mental support I'll ask for the physical, in order to simply get things done.

Revenance holds no religious value of any sort, everything here is purely based on some concepts given by religion but has no connection to it whatsoever. I tend to delve more into the philosophy, psychology and morality - what it means, ethically, for you to commit a given "sin", for example. The mod bases itself on the idea of people giving in to the simple side, the short path to guaranteed success, or working hard and staying "pure" to achieve a power far greater than the sinners could ever hope for. I want to design it in a way so one can be gained easily while the other is full of effort and struggle. To some, it may seem worth it to simply give in and take the freely given power. Others may find it more worthwhile to go through the pain and agony of hard work to obtain the peak. One must fight the other, there will always be a natural balance.

After that dramatic presentation, you're probably saying "vami, just get to the darn point!", which I'll do now: I need people to help me flesh out the concept and maybe some texturers. I would also like people who know how to use procedures, but not just on some surface level obvious stuff. I want you to be able to design systems with clean, understandable variable names and procedures that work together to achieve a single task, but are also easily changed. It's difficult. This will take a lot of time and effort, but I think it's totally worth it, to finally create something beyond ourselves and dedicate our time to something we can genuinely enjoy - not only out of our desire for acknowledgement, but through passion of creation as well.

If you are somehow interested, I have a simple discord server to chat and note down progress, bugs and future plans, found here: https://discord.gg/wnaMzaK6qU

Please note:

- I'd prefer people of higher, general knowledge based around MCreator, Minecraft and coding generally

- I can only speak English. While I would prefer fluent English speakers, exceptions can be made because I am sure there are many brilliant people here that simply cannot speak it and that's alright

- While messing around is fun, I'd appreciate your seriousness on the project, to try and show as much care as I do for it. We can totally 'flirt' around outside of it, but determination at work is the only way it will proceed to stay alive.

- Patience is key. Please, remember this.

My current tag on discord is vami#1234 but it may change in the future. If it does, just reply here stating so and I'll give you the updated tag/username. Thank you for your time.

je te laisserai des mots