Volumetric spawn conditions, healing, and special explosion damage for a monster

Started by Hammaneggs on

Topic category: Advanced modding

Last seen on 06:54, 8. Oct 2021
Joined Sep 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Volumetric spawn conditions, healing, and special explosion damage for a monster

Hello, I just discovered this program today while looking for a way to create a custom monster for when Caves and Cliffs Part 2 comes around. I'm calling it the "Molten Golem", and I'm not sure how to give it all the features I want. The idea is that it would spawn in lava pools that have a 3x3x3 volume with a volume of at least 3x3x1 of air above it (It's a large mob.), spawning at a certain depth range, capable of healing itself in lava, and capable of throwing an item (or firing firecharges) that can destroy most blocks but not all, with the exceptions being what I consider "fire hardened" blocks, consisting of metals, diamond, and most Nether blocks. It also recieves extra damage from water, be it by flow, source, or thrown bottle, as well as by trident and axolotls.

The general concept of it is to have a deep-level mob that is stronger than an iron golem, but probably weaker than a Warden, that forces some underground defensive base building and experimentation with ways to combat it.

As of yet I have given it a model and texture, and will work on sounds later, but have given it a basic AI that avoids water and will break cobble and obsidian (mainly with the intent that it would open up more areas for its kind to spawn), and will of course do the default attacking, as well as damage players who touch it. I also can make it spawn in lava, but haven't tested it yet so I don't know if it will spawn in areas too small and suffocate.

Am I trying to ask the program to do more than it's capable of, or are these relatively feasible once I have spent more time with MCreator? Also, for reference I am a java player, and am using the Forge-compatable project option.

Last seen on 07:36, 20. Apr 2023
Joined Aug 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It's absolutely possible to…
Thu, 09/16/2021 - 11:08

It's absolutely possible to do it! You'd need to practice a bit with procedure blocks to do all that but I assure Mcreator is able to do what you are planning. 

Good luck doing it!

Last seen on 06:54, 8. Oct 2021
Joined Sep 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Is there a particular part…
Fri, 09/17/2021 - 05:11

Is there a particular part of the wiki/knowledgebase where I can get a decent idea of how to do each part?

Last seen on 07:36, 20. Apr 2023
Joined Aug 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I recommend taking a look at…
Fri, 09/17/2021 - 10:51

I recommend taking a look at the procedure system doc page and look for tutorials on yt, I assure they are extremely useful (NorthWestTrees Gaming is very good explaining his tutorials). Also do check the Mob AI documentation if you want to make your mob much sophisticated. Finally, you could check tutorials made by the community, I found very interesting tutorials there that made my mod explosively improve!

If you have more questions just lmk :)