Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Player deals critical hit trigger not working properly

So basically I'm making an item that would do bonus damage when performing a critical hit but the problem is that the bonus damage still gets applied when I don't perform a critical hit. Another problem I found was that mobs no longer take knockback damage when using this trigger.

Last seen on 14:24, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Feb 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
For the knockback thing you…
Wed, 03/02/2022 - 01:32

For the knockback thing you must use the "Before entity is hurt" trigger, instead of the "Entity Attacked". They sound similar, but one is for the actual hit the enemy takes, and the other is executed between your attack and the knockback dealt, so using the first trigger should prevent the knockback problem, but if you wanna make sure the crit damage is increased by a certain percentage, like 50% or so, you should calculate that using the "amount" dependency (found in the right down corner). that stores the amount of damage that is going to be applied to the enemy when attacking. The trigger actually doesn't work well, in my case i wanna increase the damage but when i land a crit the game simply crashes instantly. Kinda odd