[SOLVED] Need arms for ranged attack?

Started by Josephemer on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:06, 14. Apr 2022
Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[SOLVED] Need arms for ranged attack?
Fri, 11/19/2021 - 19:10 (edited)

So I have a flying mob with a custom blockbench model (and a lack of arms). I set it so it would have a ranged attack that works when held by a player, but the mob just doesn't use it. I'm wondering if this is because it doesn't have a model like the biped, with arms. Are arms required to fire ranged attacks? I thought it could also be an issue with the AI but I don't see any blocks that would solve this. Attached is a screenshot of the AI blocks in case there is something there.

Image showing the AI for my custom mob.

EDIT:

I figured it out! So when it says next to the ranged attacks option "Add at least one Act aggressively against AI task to define targets." it only seems to work specifically with the "Do melee/contact attack" block, and DOES NOT work with just "attack entities of type", "fight attacker mobs back" or "do flght attack" blocks.

Edited by Josephemer on Fri, 11/19/2021 - 19:10
Last seen on 14:32, 11. Apr 2024
Joined Apr 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Did you put in the item it…
Fri, 11/19/2021 - 15:38

Did you put in the item it need to shoot next to the with <item>?

Last seen on 21:06, 14. Apr 2022
Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Once I select the ranged…
Fri, 11/19/2021 - 18:46

Once I select the ranged weapon in that dropdown menu, the box next to it doesn't allow you to put anything in it. As well, I tried adding small, invisible arms to the model to see if that let it shoot, but didn't work. However, I put the same ranged attack on other entities, this time using the biped and spider models, and they managed to shoot just fine.

But even when I change the model of THIS entity, it still doesn't shoot, so I truly have no idea what the issue could be. I suppose next I'll just try copying the other entities entire behaviour and applying it to this one, see if that works.

Last seen on 08:09, 24. Apr 2024
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Make sure in Behavior you…
Fri, 11/19/2021 - 19:17

Make sure in Behavior you selected >> Mob, and in AI and Goal >> Entity Base >> ... try Changing it to an aggressive creature.

Might be wrong, since I am still using 2021.2, but you are using the Snapshot 2021.3 (which seems close to 100%, but might be the cause)