Task :compileJava FAILED, error: Modelwarden is not abstract and does not override etc., error: cannot find symbol

Started by GmanDaBest2 on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 01:31, 13. Jan 2022
Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Task :compileJava FAILED, error: Modelwarden is not abstract and does not override etc., error: cannot find symbol
Tue, 11/23/2021 - 21:31 (edited)

I am making a custom entity and I have pinpointed that the issue causing these errors is the custom Entity model I have been trying to use, I imported it to MCreator from Blockbench and as far as I know done nothing wrong, I made sure both File Name and Model Identifier are the same in Blockbench, and set it to Forge 1.15 - 1.16 (Mojmaps) (I already tried the other ones). And yes I have checked all the error forums and still cannot find a fix.  I have pasted the highlighted console below:

Executing Gradle task: runClient
Build info: MCreator 2021.1.18117, forge-1.16.5, 64-bit, 32712 MB, Windows 10, JVM 1.8.0_275, JAVA_HOME: C:\Program Files\Pylo\MCreator\jdk
> Task :compileJava FAILED

C:\Users\[my name]\MCreatorWorkspaces\deep_dark\src\main\java\net\mcreator\deepdark\entity\renderer\WardenRenderer.java:62: error: Modelwarden is not abstract and does not override abstract method render(MatrixStack,IVertexBuilder,int,int,float,float,float,float) in Model public static class Modelwarden extends EntityModel<Entity> {
^
C:\Users\[my name]\MCreatorWorkspaces\deep_dark\src\main\java\net\mcreator\deepdark\entity\renderer\WardenRenderer.java:70: error: cannot find symbol texWidth = 128;             and so on with a lot of similar "error: cannot find symbol" errors...

23 errors
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

Edited by GmanDaBest2 on Tue, 11/23/2021 - 21:31
The solution to this problem…
Wed, 11/24/2021 - 17:17

The solution to this problem and many other problems can be found in our knowledge base: https://mcreator.net/support/knowledgebase Please check the knowledge base before opening a new topic on the issue which has a known fix.