how to make creepers drop music disks?

Started by vanilla on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 07:48, 27. Nov 2021
Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
how to make creepers drop music disks?

I've been making a music disk mod for fun and adding more in, and i cant figure out how to get the new music disks to drop from the traditional ways of creepers being killed. any suggestions?

Last seen on 07:56, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
When entity dies: if entity …
Sat, 11/27/2021 - 07:36

When entity dies: if entity = creeper then spawn gem or random spawn gem

Last seen on 21:39, 11. Sep 2022
Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Loot table is a better…
Wed, 12/01/2021 - 00:27

Loot table is a better method. Create a loot table, set it to entity, then for the ID, "entity/creeper"

Then set whatever items you want the mob to drop in there, be it gunpowder, records, etc.

Last seen on 21:29, 23. Apr 2024
Joined Feb 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think the Loot table…
Sun, 12/26/2021 - 19:26

I think the Loot table method straight away removes the original loot drops, so if you do that i think you need to set ALL the vanilla drops for the Creeper again, and then add your disks. Correct me if i'm not right, but i think this will happen if you replace the table, same as with the Chest loot

Yeah, Mariano is right…
Sun, 12/26/2021 - 19:45

Yeah, Mariano is right. Although I found vanilla loot table overwritten by two mods, both of them working together (even if being separately made), so I assume there's a workaround for that.

But if you are doing just standard loot table, it should be done like that. Or just by procedure mimicking vanilla one (just remember - creeper needs to be shot by skeleton, not by anything else).

Last seen on 00:52, 21. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
minecraft itself uses a tag…
Sun, 12/26/2021 - 20:11

minecraft itself uses a tag for determining what music discs can be dropped by creepers called minecraft/creeper_drop_music_discs. simply create a new tag, put all the other discs (bar pigstep and otherside) as well as your disc into that tag, and save it. it'll overwrite minecraft's original tag and let your new disc drop alongside all the old ones. worked perfectly for me

Last seen on 00:52, 21. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
an image of the tag if you…
Sun, 12/26/2021 - 20:14

an image of the tag if you need one:

a reference image of the tag

Oh dang, that's an awesome…
Sun, 12/26/2021 - 21:29

Oh dang, that's an awesome thing to know even on my side. Thank you for helping us all out, Oreli!

Last seen on 02:32, 19. Dec 2023
Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
minecraft itself uses a tag…
Tue, 03/14/2023 - 00:00

minecraft itself uses a tag for determining what music discs can be dropped by creepers called minecraft/creeper_drop_music_discs. simply create a new tag, put all the other discs (bar pigstep and otherside) as well as your disc into that tag, and save it. it'll overwrite minecraft's original tag and let your new disc drop alongside all the old ones. worked perfectly for me

Oreli, Im new to modding. Would you put the tag .json file under "src/main/resources/data/[modid]/tags/items/creeper_drop_music_discs.json ? or no? also, would you be able to send a screen shot of your tag after you edited/added it? thanks!

also what website was that screen shot?

Last seen on 02:32, 19. Dec 2023
Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
OH! its at "src/main…
Tue, 03/14/2023 - 00:17

OH! its at "src/main/resources/data/minecraft/tags/items/[creeper_drop_music_discs.json]" thank you so much