Hitbox: Properly set but entity wont take damage except when near foot

Started by Red-Eyed_Fairace on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 06:15, 11. Jul 2022
Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hitbox: Properly set but entity wont take damage except when near foot

So I made multiple mobs. all works great, some are huge and i configured their hitbox to match the model size iname, problem is, the larger the entity/hitbox, any weapon/arror will just fly/swing thru its body/head and the mob will only take damage when you hit it below/near the feet.

Last seen on 09:42, 5. Sep 2023
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Did you change the size of…
Mon, 11/29/2021 - 18:22

Did you change the size of the bounding box?

Hit box = bounding box

I made my giant skeletons hit box high so you have to jump to hit him.

Giant Skeleton - YouTube

Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Already did like I said on…
Mon, 11/29/2021 - 18:35

Already did like I said on my title. yet regardless of any attacks, non will be registered unless you hit near foot.

Last seen on 09:42, 5. Sep 2023
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I just tested it on…
Mon, 11/29/2021 - 19:40

I just tested it on something I am working on. A very large tank and it works fine. Inside your mob settings is the bounding box setting in the visual and sound section. I have mine set on 5/3/0/0

It is called Entity Model Bounding Box

Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yes, I know what it's called…
Mon, 11/29/2021 - 20:20

Yes, I know what it's called. Like I said, I already configured it hence "Properly set". I already even check it ingame to view the hitbox, went to spectator and view the mobs sight and all is good. The only problem is that the upper part of the hitbox seems to not register anything. Any attack will just bypass it and by the looks of it.

Last seen on 22:28, 1. Dec 2023
Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
similar problem, massive …
Sat, 08/19/2023 - 03:59

similar problem, massive (gekolib) entity, box set to (6, 40, 6) , arrows pass right through, attacks wont hit unless underwater at the bottom of the boss :/ someone say whyyyyy

Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
hey did some doing and turns…
Sat, 08/19/2023 - 04:34

hey did some doing and turns out that the issue is Minecraft not mcreator (probably)? Found it depends on the position of the entity trying to damage the thing, not the hitbox ..?? for example, lets call posA the feet of ENTITY, posB maybe ~50, and posC ~55, and assume posB is the "Ylimit". You can hit it fine at posA and posB, but not posC, kind of. You can hit posC and higher if you are at posB, and cannot hit posB when at posC (viceaversa ig or whatever). This applies to arrows as if they were doing a melee attack like a zombie (the arrow itself), as the arrow counts ITS position rather than the FIREE's position when considering if it should deal damage and collide with the hitbox. The frustrating part about this code is THE HITBOX STILL COLLIDES WITH PUSHING ANYWAYS, THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT I WANT IT TO DO (I'm making a cool ocean 'snake' boss fight, and want the snook to be permanently stuck but able to be shot :P ) so MMMMM YEAH GR8 if anyone can look into the code viewer and find a variable to control allowed reach or whatever it uses that would be gr8 and cool thx >%)  (yes I will always stand by Java>bedrock, as bedrock is jank, but what I AM saying is that mc in general is super very jank sometimes and for whatever reason both "KEY" and the notasgr8 new mc bg musics are all under music/meadows and its reallllllly annoying >:|  )

Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Srry thats so long ^^^ :\…
Sat, 08/19/2023 - 04:34

Srry thats so long ^^^ :\ only the first half is rlly relevant tho