Potion Brewing Recipe Not Working

Started by its_spree2 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 11:04, 5. Aug 2022
Joined Jul 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Potion Brewing Recipe Not Working

I've mad a regular potion with custom effects and it didn't appear as an option on my brewing recipe. Because of this I made a food item and made the potion in that way. But when I add an item as input, a water bottle as the ingredient and my custom potion as an output, it won't let me make the potion in game. Any help with this would be appreciated

Last seen on 16:07, 18. Mar 2024
Joined Jun 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hello, its_spree2! Try this…
Sat, 12/11/2021 - 21:02

Hello, its_spree2!
Try this first:
1. Make a potion item and add a new effect to it. After naming your custom potion (it should be something like "Potion of [your name here you typed while creating a potion item element]"), copy its name from the first line, you will need that later.
2. Make a recipe of this potion. Choose "Brewing" in Recipe type, as you did this once already, and start adding ingredients. To the topmost slot add a "core ingredient", something that you would add in Vanilla to make particular potion. Then add in the slot below a potion you actually need to craft your custom potion. Try typing in "Display filter" line while choosing a second ingredient that, what you are looking for (for example: potion:awkward or potion:mundane or potion:water) and add the chosen ingredient. And the last one, choose your output item, in "Display filter" just paste the name you copied and add selected item to the output slot.
You are now able to use and brew your custom potion in the brewing stand. If that would not work, leave a link to external site including pictures/screenshots of your potion effect, potion item and recipe.
Hope that helps!

Last seen on 11:04, 5. Aug 2022
Joined Jul 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hi,  I'm doing this on 2021…
Sun, 12/12/2021 - 09:32

Hi, 

I'm doing this on 2021.1 but on a plugin that allows me to make this for 1.12.2. Not sure if that effects anything but that exactly what I did. I put a vanilla ingredient, a water bottle as a second ingredient but my custom potion will not appear even when I type it on the display filter. Even if I didn't search it my custom elements should come up on the GUI all the way on the left which it obviously doesn't for my potion. I've also tried making my potion as a food item but I can't make things like tipped arrows very easily so I would rather just do it through the custom potion option.

Last seen on 01:27, 31. Mar 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Years later I am trying to…
Sat, 04/15/2023 - 19:29

Years later I am trying to make a crafting recipe using the brewing stand but the brewing stand in game do not accept any of the items I want to put in there. Is there a tag to add so that it accept items that aren't usually used inside of it?