Doesn't allow me to set animations

Started by username_not_taken on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 13:05, 27. Mar 2024
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Doesn't allow me to set animations

I just got the latest version of Mcreator, 2021.3 (1.17.1), and the .java models I had in there were gone! So I tried importing one of them, and it worked, but it didn't let me set animations. So then I thought I had to export it from blockbench as a 1.17 (mojmaps), that was the only option. And It still didn't work! My models were back once I switched over to the older version, but I want to continue modding in the new version! What do I do?

Last seen on 15:24, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Have already explained the…
Sat, 12/18/2021 - 21:24

Have already explained the same 3 times in the last 2 days

Now are supported only main groups from Blockbench and no longer semi groups so re make all your models by using main groups only

Last seen on 01:07, 21. Nov 2022
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
^Was that MCreator's doing,…
Tue, 12/21/2021 - 07:31

^Was that MCreator's doing, Blockbench's, or Minecraft's? Cuz I'm mad this has happened. Like why. I really hope some decent animation support comes out in response to this (given every animation support seems to be out of date/non-existent everywhere else). This is bullcrap.

Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Just change your models in…
Tue, 12/21/2021 - 10:51

Just change your models in Blockbench and separate sub groups that's it. Very fast and easy

Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Sooo it was on Minecraft’s…
Tue, 12/21/2021 - 20:40

Sooo it was on Minecraft’s end?

Woodcreatures it’s really not that easy. Maybe if it were just one or two but I have dozens of models that were using sub groups and many whose animations were at the time relying on them. And many sub groups were using the parents rotation to be correctly placed in the model. Which means when I remove them from the parent groups they get scattered around my workspace and I have to re position/pivot/angle them. It’s not going to be fast at all. 

is geckolab plug-ins still compatible with the current versions of mcreator and blockbench? Cuz if so that’s gonna have to be my workaround but everywhere I’ve seen is unclear on whether it’s outdated or not.

Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yes I had the same problem…
Wed, 12/22/2021 - 06:49

Yes I had the same problem unfortunately, had to remake 237 models and some of them had to be done from the beginning :(

No other solution tough, Geckolib stopped wotking versions ago

Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Rip. Thankfully mines not…
Thu, 12/23/2021 - 04:06

Rip. Thankfully mines not nearly as bad as 237. That sounds absolutely awful.
Yeah geckolib was the common one ive seen but have heard it stopped working. i even looked into some workarounds posted earlier this year but i dont think those are compatible now.

Maybe if we're lucky mcreator will come out with some animation editors or something