• Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
More Block Bases
Sun, 12/26/2021 - 22:13 (edited)

I have a few ideas for possible block bases

- carpet

- path block (grass path)

- chest/chest-like objects (chest, ender chest, shulker box)

- lightning rod

- most redstone components (lever, tripwire hook, piston, etc.)

- cactus

- chorus plant (and chorus flower to separate the round end bit from the stem bit)

- flower pot

- sea pickle/candle

- torch

- bed

half of these are pretty easy to implement manually with blockbench like the cactus or flower pot, but others are a lot more complicated. It would be nice to see these in mcreator.

Edited by aNOnyMous1901122 on Sun, 12/26/2021 - 22:13
Last seen on 14:48, 19. Apr 2024
Joined Feb 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The thing with these…
Sun, 12/26/2021 - 19:02

The thing with these examples is that they're more a specific type of block than the others. You see, Slabs and Stairs are everywhere when a new type of block material gets added. Usually Wood, Stone and similars have these variants. Buttons and Pressure plates were recently added, and they are also great because of their functionallity is already integrated, and we don't need to do anything for these. Carpets would be cool, but are very simple to replicate. The other examples i think don't need to be in form of a block base in the program. Simply because i don't know any person who has asked about a Tripwire Hook block, for example. The thing with the redstone stuff is also that they DO have a purpose, as the Tripwire for example can be triggered with movement. But for blocks that don't have any extra functions like Carpets, Cactus and Chorus Plants (in my opinion). They are very easy to simulate using Blockbench or any modelling software, for Cactus you just make a 14x14 block and that's it. One i think is needed is the Torch one, and maybe the Lantern, but that's other story. I think the torch one is gonna be huge, as a lot of mods use this type of block model and it also needs 2 models for both Wall and Floor variants. I hope more variants will come soon

Last seen on 14:48, 19. Apr 2024
Joined Feb 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Also a flower pot base would…
Sun, 12/26/2021 - 19:03

Also a flower pot base would be very sick, i really need it

Last seen on 15:14, 27. Dec 2021
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
about the whole "specific…
Sun, 12/26/2021 - 23:14

about the whole "specific blocks" thing, they added end rods. I don't think that's being used any more as most of these would be. Other than that yeah I agree