How to make fish flop on land?

Started by ilovedumbphones on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 13:00, 28. Feb 2022
Joined Feb 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make fish flop on land?

I have a fish creature, and i want to make it flop or atleast be on their sides while its on land, how can i do such thing? i noticed that the fishes in Odd Water Mobs, a mod created with this program, have fishes that flop on land. (with the exception of the anglerfish). If this is even custom code only, i need the code to make it flop/be on their sides on land and tell me where i should put that code in.

Also, i would also like if anyone could help with making fishes always swim instead of stopping occasionally.

Last seen on 18:26, 16. May 2022
Joined Feb 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
To make them flop on land,…
Wed, 03/02/2022 - 19:54

To make them flop on land, make the "entitytick" procedure have an "If, Else" block check if its touching water, if its not, then check if its touching a block, then "override motion vector", to make it go upwards, and play the fish flopping sound.

(I havent tested this, but this is how i would do it)

Im sorry if this makes no sense. i'll try to follow up with a picture of the procedure.

As for being on their side when flopping, you probably have to use geckolib for that, which may not be available for the version of mcreator your using.