Set redstone power per block side.

Started by Red_Phoenix05 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 23:48, 22. Mar 2022
Joined Mar 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Set redstone power per block side.

Well, I've done it again. Today I returned to MCreator to try to make some simple stuff for myself and perhaps some others and something I cant figure out comes up. 
I was making a simple redstone addons mod and came across two issues with emitting redstone power from a block. Firstly, in the advanced properties tab, there is no way to change the procedure mcreator wants you to make. It stays on fixed and will not allow you to view any created procedures in my testing. If that's the case, why have procedure add & edit buttons? Secondly, while beginning to make the procedure that would apparently not be able to be selected, I discovered that:
1- there is no apparent way to set the redstone power at xyz in the procedure editor, unless that way happens to be through changing nbt data. If that's how you do it, it's just a little obscure and I do not know the names of nbt data types.
2- Besides that, you could not, in either the procedure editor or while editing the block properites, set the redstone output on a particular face. 

The only way I can think of being able to overcome this issue is if changing nbt data is in fact the way to set redstone power in a procedure and that by some amalgamation of blocks get the rotation of the redstone-emitting block, set the xyz of target block based on where its facing, then change that nbt data to 0-15.

Is there something I'm missing, or is Mcreator just still not really ready for good redstone mods yet?

Last seen on 23:48, 22. Mar 2022
Joined Mar 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Real Quick, for context the…
Fri, 03/11/2022 - 04:00

Real Quick, for context the particular block in question is an analog output device, just right click to swap through outputting different signal strengths on one face of the block.