User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
An Idea.....

Hi,

I am new to modding, but not to Minecraft. I have seen mods that allowed players to build their own crafts, freeform, and fly them in real time (like Plato's and Arch's) But I am having trouble with coming up with my own, as anything I try looks like I am scalping someones dormant hard work.

My mods Ideas:

Freeform flying machines, the only limitations are that it wont initially support stone and such. But with advancements and research, eventually the player can make castles realistically float in place, combined with an energy production mod, could make the castle move. If not just slowly, to not break the immersion and reality that a multi ton massive structure will fly and handle like a brick (no pun intended.) The ultimate goal of this feature will allow players to build their own realistic flying sky cities, and vehicles to match what their vision of the world is. Imagine a Roman or even Asian themed cultured city floating like the city in Bioshock Infinite.

To form a bridge between the real time flying and the "warp" flying of some other mods. I don't dislike the "warp jump" flying, if its used in a way that can save time, like a waypoint system for your craft to follow, instead of being bogged down with real time flying if you have already been there. The added bonus is the reduction of client side lag as you already initially loaded the chunks previously, so the lag of the warp jump flight would be low.

I also want to eventually add a real player driven system for ship design, that is not cookie cutter molds, integrating things from other mods like Plating, and energy systems. so that once a player gets the feel of the thrill of the designing and creation, they can make their own ships to share with others.

A comprehensive salvage system. I am not a fan of the structure block way of saving and placing saved schema, but I think sometimes when I am wandering, I find an almost intact shipwreck, I think it would make a great airship or sea ship, but when I copy it with structure blocks, its always covered in water, and it worries me. So what if you were to find a wreck from my mod, how would you rescue it and repair it without the added hassles of the extra stuff that comes along? Tractor Grappling Blocks. The main block is attached to your ship, and the supporting blocks are placed around the derelict you wish to rescue, and a flip of a switch later, the entire wreck minus any sand, stone or water is now connected to your ship to fly away to be salvaged. You can config it to ignore the blocks you do not want to grab.

Like Lego, I always believed Minecraft should be peaceful, but things happen. Real ship to ship, ship to land/sea, and ship to air weapons to match the era or style of your world/server. Great mods like Minecolonies, and dungeon mods add pirate ships that just generate, and to me that cool, but what if you want to put an end to the threat to your coastal/floating town? With my idea, working with other mods that add ships and such, this idea will make those ships able to freely move, for good or bad.

Last Idea, Dimensional travel, eventually. It sucks that the end portal is locked to the spot where it is generated, and building a craft or finding a naturally spawned one is a pain, so this idea will add to the controls an Obsidian Keystone, using a fire charge in the slot and a button push will move your ship to the nether, Endstone Keystone, an ender eye or pearl will warp the ship to the end, and a Smooth Stone Keystone will take you back to the overworld. There will be hazards involved, like why would you bring a wooden ship into the nether, a ship low on power to the end, and sometimes rtp when you use the overworld keystone. Because if air/land/sea travel was without risks it would be boring. Ultimately, I want to add a ship raid feature where you park your ship somewhere long enough and mobs will board and try to hijack your ship. Though most wont be able to pilot it,, as their ai's are wonky, villagers, pillagers, and maybe iron golems can be made into pilots or captains.

That is my idea, I am starting the ground work, by trying to use mcreator to at least make a block that will move a small structure. Any help, ideas or rants are welcomed and appreciated.

Last seen on 18:27, 15. May 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
These ideas are perfect. If…
Wed, 03/30/2022 - 06:10

These ideas are perfect. If you will made a mod about this it could be one of the biggest ever made

Last seen on 05:00, 1. Apr 2022
Joined Mar 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Eventually I would like it…
Thu, 03/31/2022 - 17:26

Eventually I would like it to be a epic mod, ending with airship vs Enderdragon battles, or even further, perchance add to the lore of the overworld a bit more with a dimension or two. But right now, I cant even get a 5x5 block to fly without murdering me. this has been a great learning experience, and thank you Librarian for the encouragement.