Orderly Custom Dimension (basically Infinite Ikea)

Started by Engineer on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:26, 16. Apr 2022
Joined Apr 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Orderly Custom Dimension (basically Infinite Ikea)

I made a custom dimension with a super flat terrain, and I would like it to have "blocks" of content separated by pathways. Basically, there should be sections where there could be buildings or other generation in a grid formation with walkways in between. I couldn't figure out how to use structures to achieve this, as they don't have a custom way to spawn and won't be aligned in the grid. I'm pretty new to mcreator, any help would be appreciated!

Last seen on 17:59, 7. Jan 2024
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Structures would work,…
Tue, 04/12/2022 - 16:12

Structures would work, however it would have to not spawn naturally, then when loading in start the structure at 0, 0 and place them in an orderly pattern instead of having them automatically generate.
Could also do this with 1 structure by using structure blocks in structure blocks.

Last seen on 16:26, 16. Apr 2022
Joined Apr 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Wouldn't that not be…
Tue, 04/12/2022 - 16:21

Wouldn't that not be infinite? Also would that many structure blocks cause lag?

Last seen on 17:59, 7. Jan 2024
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
1. It would be infiite since…
Tue, 04/12/2022 - 19:02

1. It would be infiite since it would have the sttructure block isnide of the structure thats its loading, and i dont think that would cause that much lag considering you can run like 50/100 at time even at low ram usage

Last seen on 13:58, 21. Jan 2023
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
just wanted to say the more…
Fri, 05/13/2022 - 23:44

just wanted to say the more you move and the faster the more the structure block count will grow exponentially getting closer to the cap limit, how ever it would have less strain on a lower render distance because it couldn't possibly reach 50 much less 100 and remember what the player cannot see is still system managed and straining the server without any rendering of it