Joined Apr 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Vanilla items into mcreator

I was wondering if there was a way to get vanilla items/tools/blocks into Mcreator to use as a template to further ease up modding items. 

For example, I want to make a totem of undying with my own twist, but I find it very hard to work with procedures, maybe I can just import the procedures of minecraft:totem_of_undying

Does anyone know if something like this is possible to do?

Last seen on 10:10, 15. Mar 2024
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think it's not possible,…
Sun, 04/24/2022 - 14:28

I think it's not possible, like the default texutes, the code is copyrighted too, making it impossible to implement such a thing. Though you can see what plugins offer and have a look at the code for the totem through mcreator's ability to display minecraft's code

Last seen on 17:59, 7. Jan 2024
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You shouldnt really need to…
Sun, 04/24/2022 - 18:36

You shouldnt really need to use vanilla stuff as a template unless you are using the vanilla textures as a block (maybe your adding like obsidian door or whatever that you want compatible with texture packs)

Basically all of what you mentioned can be done by simply doing like 8 blocks of code. There is a way to show totem animation, way to remove items limit stacking, prevent player death, etc. If you are finding procedures too difficult then maybe work on random procedures until you get the hang of stuff (probably on a new workspace), then when you are comfortable come back and use procedures to accomplish what you need.

Last seen on 18:14, 17. Mar 2024
Joined Apr 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Okay, thanks for the advice,…
Mon, 04/25/2022 - 23:36

Okay, thanks for the advice, I will do that for sure