The crippling bug from 2021.2 is still persiting, please help...

Started by Khmer on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 01:41, 8. Jan 2024
Joined May 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The crippling bug from 2021.2 is still persiting, please help...

Hello. Back in November 2021, I made two posts asking for help concerning a crippling bug in MCreator's testing client that kept getting progressively worse to the point where I could barely use it anymore. Neither of them ever got any responses and there were no other posts about the same problem anywhere, so I was forced to use a work-around where I would restart my whole computer and then immediately boot up MCreator and use it as much as I could before the problem came back and stopped me again. I stopped using the program entirely for a while, but just a week or two ago when I noticed that 2022.1 came out, I got back into it with the hope that the problem would be no more. I was wrong. It is now absolutely impossible for me to work with the testing client because even after restarting my computer, the client always crashes before I even have the chance the get into the world selection screen. I have no clue what to do, and I'm scared that my only option will be to completely uninstall and reinstall MCreator in its entirety, and I don't know what that would do to all my mods and the data associated with them. This will be my last post on this. At this point, I am desperate for a solution, and if I don't get something soon, I'll just have to reinstall everything and hope for the best.

Here are my other two posts for all the info on this:

MCreator Testing Client Crashes Randomly After 2021.2 Update

I can no longer use the testing client - Someone please help!

Last seen on 20:07, 9. Feb 2024
Joined Dec 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hold on hold on. First, you…
Thu, 07/07/2022 - 04:22

Hold on hold on.

First, you can reinstall MCreator and keep all the data, just reinstall the program. For this, open the installer and allow it to delete MCreator, but first check the checkbox that says something like "Keep caches (useful when updating)" and proceed.

Second, try deleting the [MCreator path]/Gradle/Caches folder. If it doesn't work, try deleting the WHOLE Gradle folder. However, during the next startup, MCreator will take longer while loading a workspace.

Reply to this comment if any of my methods worked.