Creating a Legacy mod

Started by Lord_Gator on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 23:16, 12. Nov 2023
Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Creating a Legacy mod

Hello, I am trying to make a mod that happens when you first create the world and it opens a GUI, can anyone help me with this?

Last seen on 00:38, 28. Mar 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Alright so first you must…
Thu, 06/02/2022 - 04:29

Alright so first you must make a variable, name it whatever you want then the type needs to be logic and the scope needs to be player persistent. Now I assume you have created your GUI so make a new procedure called whatever and make this procedure and save it:

Procedure 1

(Make sure the event trigger to be "Player joins the world" and also mine says "never_show_again" for you that is your variable you made, ALSO mine opens a GUI called "Incomplete" that needs to bee your GUI)

Alright now open up your GUI mod element and at the bottom click "GUI Procedure Triggers" and click the plus under "When this GUI is closed" and all you need to do is make this easy procedure:
Procedure 2

And you are done! If I missed anything tell me!

Last seen on 00:38, 28. Mar 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Oh by the way when I said…
Thu, 06/02/2022 - 04:50

Oh by the way when I said set your variable scope to player persistent that means for every person this GUI will show on their first time joining if you want to customize that look at this Mcreator wiki page that explains what every scope means: https://mcreator.net/wiki/variables