Making custom leaves compatible with Optifine and shaders effects

Started by FaeTheWanderer on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 03:36, 14. Dec 2022
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Making custom leaves compatible with Optifine and shaders effects
Tue, 06/28/2022 - 00:25 (edited)

So, I've just finished my first mod and i loaded it up to test it in a modpack to see if anything crashes.
Good news is that it slid right in with the rest of the packs like a charm!

However. . . I am a HUGE fan of Optifine and shaders and i adore the way it makes leaves more bushy and animates them. 

So naturally my question, if any of you amazing folks know, is how do i make it so that Optifine and shaders can see my blocks as leaf blocks and do their magic to them? Is there a tag aside from minecraft:leaves that I'm already using? I tried also adding them to forge:leaves and forge:leaf, but that doesn't seem to have done anything. 
It's not a huge deal if MCreator can't make that happen, but if there is a way to make my mod compatible with those effects, then I'd love to go that extra mile and give folks the option!

Edited by FaeTheWanderer on Tue, 06/28/2022 - 00:25
Last seen on 13:30, 23. Apr 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Sadly you can't really do…
Tue, 06/28/2022 - 02:16

Sadly you can't really do anything about it. All of these options would have to have the people who make the shaders support your leaves, it is possible to edit a shader pack's files to support the leaves if you know what you are doing :/

Last seen on 03:36, 14. Dec 2022
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ah, ok! I was hoping that…
Tue, 06/28/2022 - 03:05

Ah, ok! I was hoping that was something I could do from my end using tags to tell it to apply the leaf effects! 

Well, guess I'll just have to hope my project hits it off and earns the attention needed for compatibility!

Thanks for the advice!