How do I fix my Modded Entity's File?

Started by JX Entertainment on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 02:59, 22. Oct 2022
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do I fix my Modded Entity's File?
Wed, 07/13/2022 - 03:54 (edited)

I tried adding a Spaceship to my mod to my 1.18.2 mod and I came back with the following error:

MCreatorWorkspaces\nexicraft\src\main\java\net\mcreator\nexicraft\client\model\Modelp1spaceship.java:16: error: a type with the same simple name is already defined by the single-type-import of Main MCreatorWorkspaces\nexicraft\src\main\java\net\mcreator\nexicraft\client\model\Modelp1spaceship.java:16: error: a type with the same simple name is already defined by the single-type-import of Main

I tried fixing it and adding more of said files and it didn't work, just adding more errors.

I then deleted all of the Spaceship files from MCreator and it still showed up!

Please help!

Edited by JX Entertainment on Wed, 07/13/2022 - 03:54
Last seen on 02:59, 22. Oct 2022
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Nevermind, I wasn't able to…
Wed, 07/13/2022 - 04:56

Nevermind, I wasn't able to fix the error message but I managed to properly delete the files and it works now. I still can't get my model to work though.

Last seen on 12:25, 31. Jan 2024
Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think the reason as to why…
Wed, 07/13/2022 - 05:46

I think the reason as to why things aren't working is because of the following:

If you have put ANY value in the box which says Model Identifier (the one under the name), then I think Minecraft won't be able to load it. Simply save your .json without anything put in the Model identifier OR Parent Model box.

(This thing about the Parent Model applies for blocks, but I guess it may also apply for modded entities)

blockbench