• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom Grindstone Recipes?
Tue, 08/02/2022 - 23:14 (edited)

Wondering if there's a way to make custom recipes with the grindstone- specifically, I'm adding a new system that allows players to add modifications to tools using the smithing table, and was hoping I could allow modifications to be removed via. the grindstone; custom code or otherwise. Some other possible solutions I came up with:

-Remove grindstones from the game by replacing the recipe product with a custom grindstone block with the functionality I need. (Grindstone still generate naturally in villages though, and my custom grindstones wouldn't have village occupation setting functionality.)

-Replace the Grindstone GUI with my own custom GUI with the desired functionality. (Not sure how well this would work, but it could be a possibility.)

Edited by Mindthemoods on Tue, 08/02/2022 - 23:14
Last seen on 20:08, 25. Sep 2022
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I can confirm that replacing…
Tue, 08/02/2022 - 23:53

I can confirm that replacing the GUI works pretty well- a simple procedure that waits a tick then opens the custom GUI can do it, though this does cause a brief flash of the old one. (Again, not a problem if I copy the existing Grindstone GUI exactly, or remove it via. a resource pack or something.) In fact, this might actually work better, as it means I can use custom tags instead of doing every recipe individually.

...It still could be helpful to have a template for Grindstone recipes- or the option to block specific GUIs, I guess. And I am still curious if there's a solution for this.