Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Potions Update

Hello! I think that there should be a couple of new features to the potion mod elements in mcreator,
EX: for some parts of the creator, such as item tags, loot tables, mob drops, etc, you cannot make them drop a specific potion type, and only have the choice of a waterbottle/random potion. Could you add a selection so that we can choose specifically which potion we would like to select?
2nd EX: Adding an option while creating potion items to add LVL 2 and longer time potions, instead of having to create another potion item + recipe for both types. Could save a lot of time and effort!
3rd EX: Update the potion template in textures! It's not up to date with the new potion textures.
4th EX: Add a random/all potion selection in procedures. When asking (IF ENTITY HAS POTION: {potion type}), there should be 2 new selections, random potion, or any potion. This means that, for example, if I wanted to test if a player had any form of a potion effect, I could use this procedure to check. It takes a lot of time and effort to manually place each procedure to check for the potion effect.

Thank you!

Last seen on 04:08, 14. Dec 2022
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I do think some of these…
Sun, 08/21/2022 - 04:02

I do think some of these features would be nice but some of them are easily fixed on your side. 

For number 2, You can just make a new potion that has the upgraded effect.

For number 3, Every template is outdated in mcreator and I’m pretty sure it’s like that for a reason. It’s pretty easy to go to your Minecraft game folders and fish out some of the new textures.

Last seen on 04:08, 14. Dec 2022
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Also number 4 can already be…
Sun, 08/21/2022 - 04:06

Also number 4 can already be done using the other triggers. Checking if you have potion effect on you already can just be put in the one trigger that has a blue outline (I forgot it’s name) and it only effect you randomly can already be done using the “Do with 70% Chance” procedure template in the “when potion is drunken” trigger.

Last seen on 03:24, 19. Apr 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
While you could just make a…
Mon, 08/22/2022 - 04:25

While you could just make a 2nd and 3rd potion with the upgraded effects, it’s very difficult and longing for people who have made multiple potions,

Im currently working in a mod myself with over 80+ new potion effects, and it’s difficult and time consuming to create the potions and recipes for each one.

For option 4, I meant not a random chance for a potion, I mean being able to be grant any potion, multiple times, without the use of chance procedures. Also, there is no procedure blue block that checks for any effect, it only checks for specifically one effect. It would be better if there was select option for all. I’m trying to make a potion that extends the time of other potion while it exists, which is nearly impossible without the use of a “any potion” block.

Last seen on 06:22, 13. Mar 2023
Joined Feb 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can import things into…
Mon, 08/22/2022 - 12:28

You can import things into templates to use as templates.

Last seen on 03:24, 19. Apr 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yes, while you can just…
Wed, 08/24/2022 - 21:23

Yes, while you can just import textures for personal use, some of the pre-given textures are outdated. Just a small thing that's a little buggy.

Last seen on 22:22, 10. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
this is a really good idea,…
Tue, 08/15/2023 - 17:40

this is a really good idea, one thing i also thought about is if they could add the option to change the color of the potion independent from the effects