Adding a Step to World Generation

Started by Franine on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 22:11, 11. Nov 2022
Joined Oct 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Adding a Step to World Generation

I haven't found anyone else with this specific question, so I figured I'd ask it myself.

I'm trying to make an Abyss in Minecraft. The first segment generates in the overworld, when you get to the bottom of it you go into a new dimension with the next segment, etc. You'll know what I mean if you've seen Made In Abyss.

Well, I'm able to get it to generate, but considering how huge it is and how its (mostly) generated block by block, it means for about five minutes after starting a world everything just lags like crazy and you can't really do anything. I want to figure out how to put all that in the regular world generation that way you're at least still on the loading screen for it, or optimize it enough to generate a 512x512 structure from bedrock to ground level in a few seconds (though I don't think that's really possible).

Thanks in advance to any who may have an answer to my question.

Last seen on 22:26, 27. Dec 2023
Joined Oct 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think, you would need to…
Mon, 07/10/2023 - 00:20

I think, you would need to learn 3 parts of MCreator.  1 - you need to make the Abyss & you might try a custom biome, Look into creating a new biome called The abyss & see if you can find some settings that make a Large pit... I would start there.  2  - you say you want a new dimension at the bottom of the abyss & you can make a custom dimension with MCreator & a custom portal to enter that is built right into the creation of that dimension. You may need to make some custom blocks or you can pick a block for the portal to this new dimension.  3 - you could simply pick blocks for the portal that will be at the bottom of the biome you make for the abyss, but you could also make a custom structure that would need to spawn at the bottom of the abyss biome & that structure would use the same blocks you pick for the portal of the dimension.  Only problem might be making a custom biome that looks like the abyss, but if you can learn to make a custom biome & a custom dimension & you may need at least one custom structure. I would experiment with them, but it sounds like a big project.