User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
MCreator Link Seems To Slow/Prevent startup of Minecraft
Wed, 10/19/2022 - 22:59 (edited)

Hello, I have simply created my account for one reason. To address an issue I am facing and look for any way to solve it. Now before i get any replies asking me how I thought MCreator Link was MCreator Downloads, just hear me out. I don't exactly remember where I saw it, but I do remember I came across it while searching for MCreator 1.12.2, and I was worried about using the one from the downloads as I feared it would overwrite my data for my current version. After I stumbled upon the page, I downloaded and opened the .jar file for 1.12.2 thinking it would somehow add support for 1.12.2 to my current version of MCreator, I couldn't have been more wrong. Because I was so desperate I hadn't read what it actually was, which makes me think that because of that Minecraft, whenever a new instance is ran, it would try to load the "mod" or "link" which would cause (Modded) Minecraft to slow down. The reason why I believe this is the case is because 1.12.2 takes a long time to load, and my own custom 1.12.2 modpack hadn't loaded at all, while RLCraft did within about 20-30 seconds. I did also experience some slowness when I added bedrock mods (they are from an official website, MCPEDL but I'll try to remove them and see if loading is quicker). I tried uninstalling java and reinstalling (I installed newest version because maybe that could be the problem) but it seems like all I did was nothing because the non-loading hadn't decreased or lowered or anything. I really need some help. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

[EDIT: I tested out regular 1.12.2 and it worked fine. I haven't seen if fabric works yet but it might.]

Edited by BigRobux25 on Wed, 10/19/2022 - 22:59