How to turn mobs into statue

Started by Aubee__ on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 13:02, 31. Dec 2022
Joined Oct 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to turn mobs into statue

So basically, I want to make a one-use sword that when you hit an entity with, it turns into a statue, so I was looking for a procedure block that says "entity is hit with (item)", and I was looking for a procedure block that gets rid of the entity's ability to move and do damage, Thank you in advance!!

Last seen on 10:38, 22. Apr 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If you just want to make a…
Wed, 10/26/2022 - 00:08

If you just want to make a procedure that prevents an entity from moving, my recommendation would be to either give them a very high level of Slowness without any particles; or mess around with Motion Override blocks to prevent them from moving.

If you want to make things a little more complex, (such as making the statues look different than the regular mob), you could make custom entities without AI, with the same base model but custom textures. When the entity is hit with your custom weapon, you could create a procedure that immediately saves its position and rotation as local variables, despawns the entity, and replaces it with the statue variant, spawning it in the same location and with the same rotation as the original. You could then make some sort of conditions to unfreeze the statue in the same way. (I've done this before for transforming creepers, and it's nearly seamless if you can get it working.)