User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Structure and Biome Additions
Mon, 11/14/2022 - 08:15 (edited)

This request/idea simply aims to better improve the Biome and Structure elements to allow a wider variety of customization for Biomes and Structures.

1.) Biome Patch Blocks - Just like how Podzol works, this feature would allow you to choose a block , or multiple blocks, which would create patches of these chosen blocks on the biome surface.

2.) Tree Element - Yes I am aware these were removed because of the way Minecraft does things now. However, adding the tree element isn’t the idea of adding your own tree model, rather, simply doing what you can already do with the biome feature, except for as a standalone. In other words, Tree Element would aim to create trees using the Vanilla Minecraft tree structures, similar to how it works with selecting tree materials in the biome element, except for as it’s own addition. The tree element is required to be assigned to at least 1 biome, however, can be added to multiple biomes (including vanilla biomes) rather than the 1 biome. this can include a block selection to choose a plant to be used as a sapling. This element could include tree population (how often it generates), minimum/maximum height, Tree Base (Oak, Big Tree, Savanna Tree, etc) leaf block, log block, vine block, the dimension it generates in, and the biomes, as well as if it generates on the surface or in caves. Yes it would take time to implement and not all features I listed need to be implemented with it, but I do believe it could be possible. 

3.) Structure Override Prevention - Perhaps an easier alternative to the tree element would be to add another option to the structure element to choose blocks which get ignored if there is already a solid block in their place. (I’ve seen other softwares do it, that is why I mention it). Whether or not it is possible in the current minecraft version is the big question.

Example: If you choose a leaves block in this new feature, when the structure generates, it will ignore any leaves blocks that are to replace an already existing solid block

4.) Connected Structures - I am aware that minecraft does not support jigsaw structures. however, would it be possible to use already in-place structures as a template? Granted players would need to learn how to properly build segments to match with the template which might take some learning. However, this would allow players to use their structures to create, let’s say a village for example. Minecraft already has the path generation feature, it’s a matter of utilizing that feature to allow users to create their own villages and such. You could do something similar with strongholds and fortresses. (This would likely have to be it’s own element)

Edited by TheVoidShadows on Mon, 11/14/2022 - 08:15
Last seen on 17:34, 2. Oct 2023
Joined Dec 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
okay the opening statement…
Mon, 11/14/2022 - 08:14

okay the opening statement is off because the post wasn’t initially gonna include structures.