Mcreator 2022.3 How to make it so I can trade with a custom mob

Started by KrissieFox on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 18:06, 4. Dec 2022
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Mcreator 2022.3 How to make it so I can trade with a custom mob

I've made a custom mob that I want the player to be able to trade with, but the furthest I've been able to get is having a GUI with an input and output slot appear when I right-click on it. I've given it villager AI but that doesn't seem to have helped much. 

I know there have been multiple posts about this sort of thing but I haven't been able to find any with instructions I can follow through to completion. Many of them use procedures, but when I try to find the parts of the procedures shown in people's screenshots, I can't locate them either by searching or browsing the colors matching their sections (I'm not sure if this is because they're based on older versions of the software or if I am simply doing something wrong). I've seen one about editing the code, but I couldn't get their instructions to work either and I haven't been able to wrap my head around how Java coding really works. This is my first attempt at a Minecraft mod so I'm new to a lot of things, up until this mob all I've made are simple custom plants, items, fuel, some sounds, and recipes.

If anyone can help me wrap my head around how to do this, I would very much appreciate it.