Doing something to a block at x, y, and z after using the wait block sometimes causes the game to crash.

Started by RedWirePlatinum on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 00:54, 24. Mar 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Doing something to a block at x, y, and z after using the wait block sometimes causes the game to crash.

I've noticed that this happened quite a couple of times with some of the things I added to the game.
Example 1: I made an effect where a block gets placed under an entity and removes itself after 10 ticks (so It doesn't clutter up world space). It works fine with regular entities, but if you apply this effect to yourself, sometimes the game will crash.

Example 2: I made a grenade item where it'll wait ~3 seconds and then create an explosion, but sometimes that causes the game to crash too.
I've noticed that this might have something to do with the block position being "out of bounds" or whatever. If this is an MCreator issue please fix this. Otherwise, I'll see if I can use some workaround instead.

Here's one of the crash logs I got lately (regarding example 2) https://pastebin.com/ZPRzn5jA