Another Bone Meal Thread

Started by PixelPix on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 17:58, 18. Oct 2023
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Another Bone Meal Thread

Hello all.

The mod I'm working on includes a ton of custom flowers. I would like to make it so bonemeal right clicked on grass or dirt has a chance of spawning these in addition to the vanilla grass, ferns, and flowers. 

I've gone through the forums extensively across the last couple and can't seem to find someone who has done this successfully - there are a lot of tutorials and guides about how to make bonemeal work upon custom crops, plants or trees to make them grow, but not on how to make the bonemeal spawn custom flowers, or at least I couldn't find any.

So I ended up following NorthwestGaming's tutorial to make a custom bonemeal which spawns custom flowers instead, but couldn't get it to work for whatever reason. A custom bonemeal would be just as good, so if I can get that working I'm plenty happy.

I tested the following on client, server + client, and by exporting the mod and testing on a live server without success. It swings when used like it should, but doesn't spawn the flowers.

ref1

ref2

Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
(No subject)
Fri, 11/25/2022 - 03:11

ref3ref4

Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Got this working!   The…
Fri, 11/25/2022 - 04:09

Got this working!

The problem was I was checking for dirt and not air in the first series of checks. So in image one, where it shows the dirt:

Ref1

The first two need to be air. I did air and cave air, as that's what the template used before I changed them like an idiot. The second "or" in that same scope is where you put the dirt types.