How do I delete and replace a smelting recipe

Started by WCIV8 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 01:23, 28. Jan 2023
Joined Jan 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do I delete and replace a smelting recipe

I want to make it so when I smelt any armor or tool I get some of it back, for example I want to smelt a iron helmet and get an iron ingot back, but there is already a recipe for that and it keeps giving me nuggets instead of ingots. I have tried everything I can think of. The thing is, is that in minecraft there is only one recipe for all the armor and tools but I can't make it like that in mcreator. I have tried to change the recipe to air and I have made custom recipes, I have done everything I have found online and nothing is working someone please help me.

Last seen on 00:55, 28. Mar 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
There are some recipes that…
Tue, 01/17/2023 - 19:44

There are some recipes that have special components; such as the tipped arrow recipes; which can't be replicated in Mcreator. If you've tried to override the vanilla recipe and it doesn't work, odds are you're not going to be able to without custom code.

Last seen on 01:23, 28. Jan 2023
Joined Jan 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
ok, thank you
Wed, 01/18/2023 - 02:08

ok, thank you

Last seen on 17:52, 16. Feb 2024
Joined Aug 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So Minecraft uses 1 .JSON…
Fri, 01/20/2023 - 19:41

So Minecraft uses 1 .JSON file to handle all iron nuggets for smelting called "iron_nugget_from_smelting" you could always edit this to have a "result" of nothing and then create new recipes to replace them, I'm not sure though as I haven't tried it. (you can find the file in ur Minecraft directory at "%appdata%" in ur folders search bar.