Joined Jan 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make a personalized stone cutter

Hello, I am new to using mcreator, watching some tutorials I have been able to learn a bit about its use, the point is that I am making some custom stone blocks and since there are many I want to make my own stonecutter the same as the one in the game where when I put the stone block I get all the available designs to choose from and when I choose one I get that chosen block, and the truth is I don't know how to do it.

I understand that for this you have to make a GUI and a procedure

I have been looking for some information about this in google and I have not found anything, could you help me please.

Last seen on 20:08, 17. Apr 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It would be much easier to…
Tue, 01/17/2023 - 19:52

It would be much easier to just add your stone recipes to the existing stonecutter; you can literally just add custom stonecutter recipes without any hassle.

If you want to make a custom stone cutter, it's going to be a bit more convoluted. You'll need to make a custom block model if you want it to look like the vanilla stonecutter, (Using blockbench or something), with an animated texture, (for the sawblade.) You'll then need to make a custom GUI that opens when the block is right-clicked.

The trouble with the Stonecutter is that its crafting mechanics are WAY more complicated than the Vanilla crafting table, at least in terms of the GUI. The easiest way to do this would be to simply have an input slot for your stone material, and then multiple output slots for each variant, which clear the other output slots when an item is removed from them.

However, if you REALLY need a custom stonecutter identical to the vanilla one for some reason; it's still possible, it'll just take a lot of effort. You'll need to copy the Vanilla GUI, (which you can find in your game files, or using a tool like MC Assets), then make a seperate button graphic for every single crafting recipe. (You'll also need some way to get isometric renders of each block, which I'm not entirely sure how to do.) You'll have to build your custom GUI using basic text buttons that have display conditions based on the input crafting material; and that determine the item in the output slot when pressed. Then, you'll need to lock the GUI code and replace your text buttons with the loads and loads of custom images you made for each crafting recipe, which is an entirely different tutorial. 

...Again, technically possible, but will probably take at least a week or two to get working. Unless you absolutely need a custom crafting station, I recommend using the vanilla one.

Last seen on 03:37, 16. Jun 2023
Joined Jan 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you very much, seeing…
Fri, 01/20/2023 - 02:47

Thank you very much, seeing how complicated it is to make your own stone cutter, I will choose to add recipes