I cannot get MCreator to work on Windows.

Started by dooji on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 15:27, 26. Jan 2023
Joined Jan 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I cannot get MCreator to work on Windows.
Thu, 01/19/2023 - 16:28 (edited)

I have been trying to get MCreator to work for the past two days.
On Linux, it works just fine.
On Windows, when creating a workspace, it just hangs on "Setting up Gradle project" for hours. I did the following: disabled the firewall, deleted the gradle folder from the .mcreator folder, ran MCreator as administrator, then I tried again and the same issue occured. No I never installed MCreator before, this is the first time. I then uninstalled it, rebooted my PC, installed it, rebooted, same issue. No, it is not a firewall issue, or at least from the error I found, it doesn't seem like it. It happens with the zipped version, and with the snapshot version as well. It successfully downloads gradle, but then it says the following:

https://pastebin.com/BZddydkX

(this is also the last part of the whole log, above this it really just loaded plugins and it downloaded gradle)

Btw the actual output window in MCreator isn't helpful at all, it just says:

Executing Gradle task: eclipse

Build info: MCreator 2022.3.48217, forge-1.19.2, 64-bit, 14188 MB, Windows 11, JVM 17.0.3, JAVA_HOME: C:\Program Files\Pylo\MCreator\jdk, started on: 2023-01-19-10:19:03

Yes, I have also been searching on the internet for the "2023-01-19-10:19:04 [AWT-EventQueue-0/ERROR] [Exception] Uncaught exception in AWT-EventQueue-0" error, didn't find it on MCreator's forum at all, or well I did but it wasn't happening at this stage as it is happening to me(when creating a new workspace), and I haven't found any solutions that have actually worked. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by dooji on Thu, 01/19/2023 - 16:28
Last seen on 15:27, 26. Jan 2023
Joined Jan 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Got it to work afterall. Had…
Thu, 01/19/2023 - 18:46

Got it to work afterall. Had to uninstall, delete .mcreator, .openjfx, and .gradle, then reinstall. I do find it a bit weird though. .gradle gets created by MCreator too, but I already had it from Android Studio, it seems like something was conflicting - and this isn't okay. Either way if anyone else experiences this, here is the solution which wasn't provided anywhere because no one probably experienced it, and no it wasn't in the "Knowledge Base".