[SOLVED (For the most part)] A Request For Help Involving Flashing Lights and Laser Beams

Started by jive on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 07:30, 20. Feb 2023
Joined Jan 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[SOLVED (For the most part)] A Request For Help Involving Flashing Lights and Laser Beams
Tue, 02/07/2023 - 06:09 (edited)

Hello! I'm a fresh newbie to MCreator and subsequently Blockbench who recently decided to try their hand in modding. 

At the moment I'm attempting to develop a simple weapon mod that involves the likes of laser beams and plasma cannons for Java 1.16.5. I focused on functionality first, which was simple enough. Following that step, I moved on to the form of the weapon's projectiles. And then I realized: I have no clue where to start! After a few days of scrolling forums to unsatisfactory results, I found the following video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r06H7xe8rpk

The effect presented in the video is exactly what I'm attempting to replicate for my mod. Now I'm 99% sure this sort of effect involves coding, something I've seldom dabbled in but have familiarized myself with to a limited extent. With the creator of this mod indisposed, I was wondering if anyone can explain how one can create this effect, and if need be, walk me through it if anyone is willing.

Thank you to anyone who stumbles upon this post in advance!

Edited by jive on Tue, 02/07/2023 - 06:09
Last seen on 07:30, 20. Feb 2023
Joined Jan 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
bump
Mon, 01/30/2023 - 01:00

bump