Detecting items in a vanilla GUI

Started by GamerDragon525 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 20:22, 22. Apr 2024
Joined Jul 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Detecting items in a vanilla GUI

Ok so, I’m currently working on a mod that I’m trying my hardest to make vanilla+ style (no new custom blocks, items or mobs) and I’m trying to make a new anvil recipe that will change an NBT tag of an item when it’s combined with another item!

The problem is that I can’t figure out how to detect what items are in the anvil, I tried using the “get a copy of item from slot [X] of block at [X] [Y] [Z] if it has inventory” procedure block, but I quickly figured out that the anvil doesn’t have inventory so that block doesn’t work, so I tried using the “get item from slot [X] of the currently open GUI of [entity]” but that doesn’t seem to work either for some reason and I don’t know what to do! D:

I’m using global trigger “on player tick update” for this BTW! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :D

Last seen on 20:22, 22. Apr 2024
Joined Jul 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Just making a reply to…
Sat, 03/04/2023 - 05:23

Just making a reply to hopefully bump this topic up in the recommendations, also I’ve decided that I’d be willing to settle for a smithing recipe if anyone knows how to do it so both the item input and output are based on NBT data!

Like the NBT data and the item stays the same except for a few changes slight changes to the NBT data, like how you can repair tools and armor in an anvil but with custom tags instead of vanilla ones!!

Last seen on 19:57, 8. Apr 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Unfortunately interacting…
Thu, 02/15/2024 - 15:17

Unfortunately interacting with vanilla GUIs in any way seems to be beyond the scope of MCreator currently, this will likely require custom code (I'm still p new myself so I don't have toomuch of a solution, if nothing else this'll bump the topic)