World tick update speed issue

Started by Orandza on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 18:55, 22. Apr 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
World tick update speed issue

So as far as I know, each second in game should be equal to 20 ticks. When using on world update tick trigger for procedures, however, it feels as if ticks happen significantly more often than one would expect. I tested the exact amount and it appears that world tick update is almost 8 times faster than other kinds of tick updates. What's even weirder, however, is that I am pretty sure that this wasn't the case when I tested this in the past. I remember testing world tick update and it only seemed about 4 times faster comapred to other tick updates, yet now it's almost 8 times fastr. Why does this happen? I even designed one of my mod's counters around this and I noticed it started counting down way too quickly recently, and I hvae no idea why this is happening. Does a PC's performance affect the world tick update speed?(although I've been on the same PC with the exact same performance the entire time, don't see why this should happen) Was there a Minecraft or Mcreator update that changed the world update tick speed? And is there any workaround for this? I need my counters to be at least almost completely accurate and I don't want them to randomly get messed up, so I wish to know what's going on exactly.