Started by Shocking Artist on Mon, 03/27/2023 - 22:58
Topic category: General discussion
I am happy to report that I have successfully built MCreator for arm64 macOS machines.
A few notes:
- JNA features such as discord RPC have been removed because I don't know how to port low-level code
- A few visual changes to accommodate for new macOS requirements, also just to make things look better.
- JDK updated to a modified version of Bellsoft Liberica Standard 17.0.6+10 arm64
- Verify nativeness with Right click > Get info (Apple Silicon), with Activity Monitor (CPU>Kind), or by running
- Performance is obviously better, most of the lags and stutters are no more. Launching the app, editing procedures, saving an element, opening a workspace, etc. are now significantly faster. Minecraft also runs native, woohoo, now you can finally walk around without lagging to death.
The source code is available at https://github.com/willpill/MCreator
Please test this for issues, thanks bye.
Download it here
Edited by Shocking Artist on Wed, 03/29/2023 - 02:26
Unfortunately, I can't open it on my MacBook Air M1.
Don’t worry, there will be a PR opened soon