TUTORIAL: The Ultimate guide to Custom Armors!

Started by Bo-Katan22 on

Topic category: User side tutorials

Last seen on 11:52, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Aug 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
TUTORIAL: The Ultimate guide to Custom Armors!

These are some things I had trouble with, so I'm gonna make it easy for you: In this you will learn how to make custom armor models, full set bonuses, and power ups for your portable defense system (aka armor.) Making a regular armor is not so hard: open MCreator, go to resources, click on create new texture, select armor texture, choose color, name, and create! Next you'll want to select them and re-texture them to your liking: the default textures aren't very good. (Maybe they were in v1.1, but this is almost 1.20! We have standerds.) Once you've finished texturing, go to workspace and press the "+". Select armor, and place your textures accordingly. (Also rename "Armorname body" to "Armorname chestplate.") Go to properties, and now it gets tricky: First you choose armor layer texture, and this is where you select the armor texture. This should be the one you just did. Next, select creative tab. If this is a combat armor, choose combat, but if it's more like clothes, than it should be in a custom tab or tools. Next, choose armor equip sound. This can be ANY sound in Minecraft, but I'd suggest a pre-exisiting armor equip sound, unless these are just clothing, then I'd do Block.cloth.place, which is wool. Next is durability: If you want this to be unbreakable, choose 0, but if you want a more vanilla like armor, heres the list: Leather is 5, chainmail is 15, gold is 7, diamond is 33, and netherite is 35. Next is damage values, which tells you how well the armor works: you can use the pre-detirmined settings or set your own, however, is you make one setting go up by however much, you should also make the others go up by the same amount. Enchantibility is just how many enchants each part can hold, this doesn't really matter. Toughness increases protection, what you set here is how much each piece gives. For example, diamond armor has a toughness of 2, 2 x 4 = 8. 8 is the overall protection, but one fourth is all you need to write. Knockback resistance is however much kb the armor blocks per piece, although 0.1 has a lot. Repair items can be used on an anvil to fix broken armor pieces, so select the thing your armoris made of and you're all set!

Last seen on 11:52, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Aug 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
More parts soon
Wed, 05/03/2023 - 16:36

More parts soon

Last seen on 11:11, 29. Mar 2024
Joined Mar 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It wont let me "open…
Fri, 03/29/2024 - 11:08

It wont let me "open MCreator, go to resources, click on create new texture, select armor texture, choose color, name, and create! Next you'll want to select them and re-texture them to your liking: the default textures aren't very good. "