Mod causes extreme TPS lag and freezes integrated server for no reason.

Started by FnaffyModMaker on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 22:38, 9. Jun 2023
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Mod causes extreme TPS lag and freezes integrated server for no reason.

One of my custom mods causes severe TPS lag at random times while being played. While the player can still move, no functions like entity processes, tile drops, health updates, new chunk generation , interactions, autosaves, commands,  etc. will work.  This mod is not very large (only 300 elements) and has no ticking procedures, no loops, and no entity spawn procedures. This freezing happens in all dimensions and for up to 10 minutes at a time. What is happening???, (MCreator 2023.1  and all versions after 2022.1) 

Last seen on 22:38, 9. Jun 2023
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
EDIT: This is not a RAM…
Sat, 05/20/2023 - 00:16

EDIT: This is not a RAM related issue, I have allocated mcreator and Minecraft 16gb of ram and this still will happen

Last seen on 19:35, 15. Jan 2024
Joined Jul 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have this same problem and…
Tue, 07/11/2023 - 05:32

I have this same problem and I am desperate to know why this happens. For me, I am using 2021 mcreator with 1.16.5 Minecraft which is outdated but I also dont know how to update it because modern 2023 mcreator doesnt support 1.16.5. The freezing only occurs with one of my mods and it happens to be the only one I actually care about and it makes it basically unplayable. If anyone knows how to fix this I would love to know.