How do I prevent custom sound files from playing weirdly?

Started by Deepie on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 19:43, 23. May 2023
Joined May 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do I prevent custom sound files from playing weirdly?

So basically everyone can import custom audio files and use them however they'd like as in just play the sound using the procedure block or add it as a sound that an entity creates. But I have this one problem I've been encountering ever since I started using the custom sounds and never been able to find a fix for. Which is, when I'm in the range of the sound (let's say the sound level is 1 and it is 8 blocks, when I'm in 8 block range) the audio doesn't sound like it's coming from anywhere at all. It straight up sounds like the general music of minecraft, there is no left or right sound change for when the sound is on my left or right and the sound isn't quieter when it is further away. It just doesn't make the sound when I am furhter than the range, and doesn't indicate where it's coming from in any way when it is in range. May I get help on what to do to solve this problem, it is really annoying to deal with!

If anyone asks how I use my custom sounds is that I usually download from a youtube video or a free audio website and transform it into OGG sound file using Audacity (I tried the same thing with FL Studio's audio editor to transform the file to OGG, same problem occurs no matter what I do) and import it into Mcreator, I have everything set up correctly, like if I want it to be an entity audio, I put in the category in which will be accurate and I use the directory of the sound correctly (example: entity.examplemob.ambient) and give it proper subtitle (example: examplemob speaks). But even if I do all this correctly, it still gives me this same issue. 

Last seen on 09:14, 27. Feb 2024
Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i wish we could get an…
Thu, 09/28/2023 - 12:35

i wish we could get an answer for this issue for my custom plushie sound that i converted to ogg

Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
update: sorted it out
Sat, 10/21/2023 - 12:17

update: sorted it out

Last seen on 21:25, 24. Oct 2023
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
how did you sort it out
Tue, 10/24/2023 - 18:45

how did you sort it out

Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
oh nvm honesty   im in the…
Thu, 11/02/2023 - 03:14

oh nvm honesty

im in the wrong topic, sorry :(

Last seen on 21:26, 28. Mar 2024
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Sorry I'm late but I believe…
Thu, 02/29/2024 - 12:35

Sorry I'm late but I believe the sound has to be mono for it to work properly in the world